Spoilers The canon ending/plot:disheartening?

Thread contains spoilers about game content

LEIXIAN

So I've went to read the "history" timelines in archaelund ,
Basically, no one knows you have saved the world recorded as some nameless adventurer , the return of God Tol cause some disagreements btw the three and caused war to happen in varanar when the other religion saw a chance, Hirge eventually left you when her mom died and she have to become Queen and solved all religious problem by creating a new faith that worshipped all those gods involved ,the three Tol and 11, which is good until she disappeared on a ship, basically gone unless she actually escaped her role as a queen to join you again on a adventure. "]

Which can be quite disheartening and makes you question the purpose of your quest especially since

If the continent of Andoria is still intact and the horror somehow left or was defeated ,it kind of scales down your achievement frm saving the world to saving the continent that almost kill themselves off in a infighting

The worse is that your only legacy in the future is
Being the ancestors of a bunch of batrax and the frog "rider" , apart from that your only legend is the nameless owner of the notebook that reveal Andoria is safe

At this point the evil ending might seemed to be a better ending for the MC without considering the consequences for Griss and Hirge(Adadon can die whatsoever)
Post automatically merged:    

Hmm I can't see the stuff I typed in spoilers, help?

Last edited:

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
I don't agree at all. While yes, a lot of your achievements go unheralded, you do leave a lot of legacy behind.

For example, without your actions, the kingdoms wouldn't prosper and grow like they have, to the point that they are even
capable of returning to Andoria if you didn't kill or prevent the horror they would all be left to fall into rubble.

Also while Hirge might
have a lot more prominent role in the history books because of her noble heritage, part of the reason that she grew into such a compentent queen who was able to navigate those troubling theological troubles was because of how much she grew during your adventures with her. After all, she started off as a bit of a religious zealot, if you remember how she talked during 3v11 for example, so she has grown a lot during her adventures and experiences with other cultures.

Also while you downplayed your role with the notebook, that is
the event that triggered the return to Andoria and caused the entire game of Archaelund to happen. You might have been nameless, but because of it, your legacy spreads beyond even the island of Varannar

Also, while it might not have been grand enough to go into the history books, I'm certain that the people of the many towns that you saved, like Fögas, New Anthur and even Lannegar, won't quickly forget what you did for them. And you might have even gotten a part in a play written about you, which would further cement your place into local history and stories. While if you choose the evil ending
all those people will be dead

In the evil ending, your only legacy is
rubble and ash, as the kingdoms all got destroyed. You might have found glory and immortality in Noutamet, or perhaps you just found empty promises there, but your legacy in Varannar is nothing at all

Hmm I can't see the stuff I typed in spoilers, help?
You need to put your spoiler text between the spoiler tags and not inside of the first one. The "preview" tab can give you an idea if it worked.

LEIXIAN

You need to put your spoiler text between the spoiler tags and not inside of the first one. The "preview" tab can give you an idea if it worked.
Thanks I managed to edit my post now:D

Also while Hirge might
I guess one of my main beef is despite
how Hirge manage to prevent a civil war by reforming the religion, hence preventing countless casualties, she just went missing on a ship and was speculated to die. Like shes a cleric with intervention, and blood of Nivaria ,how do she jus die

Oh and the legacy of half frog
having a race of halfblood batrax in Andoria is a living reminder of the man who rode a frog, its like having to 2TB worth of stash in your pc exposed to the world in your bibliography

At least for now ,with the fact that it's in the same universe, I'll prolly avoid playing Archaelund so that I can have my own "Canon " ending in my head

Kakost

What's wrong with the half frogs? That's an enduring legacy to be the All Father of an entire race. We may laugh a bit, but this is actually a grand achievement.

If that had been a beautiful but somewhat alien fairy queen, would that be better? Just because of the appearance?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
You literally save the Exiled Kingdoms, and humanity, from being annihilated. If that's not a legacy, I don't know what can be bigger.

Or are you talking about public recognition and fame? Well, even in that case I don't get the disappointment. The hero in EK already gets zero recognition for the main quest and for several other major quests. It's nothing new.

VDX_360

Staff member
The Invisible Swap Donkey saw it all.... THAT is all that matters....