Advice from veteran Iron Man players needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Driggs

VDX_360":26hrmm57 said:
Driggs":26hrmm57 said:
The only issue I'm having with my personal builds is the grinding for leveling.
Yep, grinding is a big part of Iron Man as the penalty for an unlucky action is starting over. One missed high level trap, one unexpected rumor boss or one too many moments of spacing out.

One Iron Man tactic is the questless approach. Spam the first few dungeons until you have all the best drops. Slowly move from there. Don't worry about quests. Don't even trigger them. High enough level means the quests get easier AND you have the trait points to get better results.

With out-of-game knowledge, there's a few upper tier items that can be gotten early. For example, Rouge's can get the Stiletto with a few speed and death resistance potions (don't die through!). Often my first equipment purchase is a weapon from Freetown---takes a bit to save up for it but it serves well for the first part of the game. Spamming levels builds up gold and drop items so less of a need to buy equipment.

Is the best early-ish weapon for the cleric still ancient fang? I'm an agility based caster/buffing cleric right now (the build that's on the forum on page 2 I believe)
I'm level 8, so I'm hanging in there so far :D

Gwaihir

For low levels cleric - super easy obtainable is sacrificial dagger from ydaya tomb in Lennegar Valley. 13 spd, holy dmg. Considering cleric additions to damage vs undead it makes it super speedy holy damage spammer. Ive farmed mausoleum with it since lvl 10 or so earning good money since drop there is decent...

Driggs

Gwaihir":hgf0z7fb said:
For low levels cleric - super easy obtainable is sacrificial dagger from ydaya tomb in Lennegar Valley. 13 spd, holy dmg. Considering cleric additions to damage vs undead it makes it super speedy holy damage spammer. Ive farmed mausoleum with it since lvl 10 or so earning good money since drop there is decent...

I knew it was a gem when I found It! Thank you for the input brother. What cleric build do you run in the mausoleum?

Gwaihir

Super simple one.
Heal from obvious reason
Crusader for +6 dmg on this 13 speed blade
Nivarian barrier + intervention just in case
Wolf if gets scary and need a decoy
Later on duel + heavyhand
Bodybuilding just for extra safe
Prec + crit dmg as and addition if got some more points to spare

VDX_360

Staff member
Mod Note: Locking this thread.

Tips for Iron Man is an ever present topic but given the new content that came out since this thread, it might be more useful to close this thread and start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.