bruh moment (weapon dps)

ForgedPapers

So a while ago I was in TAOL finishing the quest when I saw the nano-carbon scalpel had more dps than the pneumatic mallet and nano-carbon sword, I was playing warrior so i checked to see if the Axe of the Minotaur Kings had more dps, hey ho! I did not. Now I use the scalpel. I never thought my main weapon would ever be a dagger. (I know dps isn't everything but still...)

VDX_360

Staff member
The classic debate: DPS vs. DPH. In almost every game, faster weapons will have a higher DPS, but due to their lower DPH, will have comparable, or less ADD than other weapon types, esp against well armoured enemies. Check your combat log to compare.

Also, the bigger Ark weapons have a notable higher chance for a EMP blast, which is brutal in the Ark.

ForgedPapers

I gave my Mallet to Hirge as I don't want to grind another but also because it's a decent weapon also I find it fun smashing up the robots using my character's perfect mix of tank and dmg to rip them apart with the scalpel.
Post automatically merged:    

To be fair though I have found it annoying to be hitting mobs for like 30 dmg at a time with the scalpel. Dealing minimum 45 with the axe and mallet but having to wait to hit again.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
So a while ago I was in TAOL finishing the quest when I saw the nano-carbon scalpel had more dps than the pneumatic mallet and nano-carbon sword, I was playing warrior so i checked to see if the Axe of the Minotaur Kings had more dps, hey ho! I did not. Now I use the scalpel. I never thought my main weapon would ever be a dagger. (I know dps isn't everything but still...)

I never rely on DPS.

I check combat logs or the enemies' armor on the wiki. Against a weak armor, fast weapons do more damage. But against a strong armor, fast weapon can be underwhelming, sometimes even causing only 1 damage per hit. That's when you need a slower, bigger weapon.

Size isn't everything guys.
It's how you use it.
Personally I prefer a slow and massive pounding. But some people prefer it smaller and faster.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
As you suggested, DPS isn't everything. But, yeah, really. The stated DPS is an average metric useful for a quick comparison, but it isn't a perfect one. Opponent armour, shields, and elemental resistances or weaknesses will vary it considerably between different weapons; and different skills will favour different weapons of theoretically similar DPS.

Trace Da Cruz

I don't like numbing my mind with these calculations, I don't usually rely in a single weapon, or weapon attribute, never saw the difference between DPS/DPH, my cleric is built so he can yield anything useful for any occasion, light hammers, long swords, mauls; In my opinion, this versatility is more useful.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I'm a mage at heart.
So for me, the key to world domination lies in having one pure elemental staff of each type loll
So I can burn you, freeze you, electrocute you or even... umm... death you? Ah! I know! I can necrotise you!!! :D

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I don't like numbing my mind with these calculations.

That's why I like Spirit weapons, very little (mainly Shadows) are weak to them, but almost nothing resists them. They're good unless something in particular is giving you trouble then you can check for a specific weakness.

Other than that, as already said, against heavily armoured opponents high DPH works better.

WITHERSCHAEDEL

Translator
i
it's more like a shortsword