Hardest Boss

JediNxf7

@KYTX , isn't the lazy boss FIRE based? Would you be better served with increasing fire resistance? FIre resist rings, fire resist cloak, fire resist necklace, fire resist potions? That might be the edge you need.
as far as I can tell the damage he does isn't elemental at all. nor is he weak to cold, my queen's heart kept doing 6-5=1 cold damage, no better than the death damage from shadow blade.

meanwhile the thing that really kills me is the paralysis, which even happens when I'm using Evasion! and which stops me from being able to use items, and stops hirge from being able to use items like mana boosters thatd be nice.

I wish I could just see his stats to know what gear might be optimal... he's a tough mf, that's for sure.
Post automatically merged:    

omg I knew I heard healing noises! so spirit damage actually heals this guy? lmao so hirge is betraying me with that paladin sword I gave her. oops.

VDX_360

Staff member
It's the little things that will concern you. I -might- of had a similar issue. In the crazy heat of the fight, it might of took me longer than I'd admit to realize something was amiss. It can make for a long fight.

JediNxf7

I literally came to the silly conclusion that when he's standing in his circle of laziness, it heals him. it never occurred to me to blame the religious fanatic for my problems slaying the demon. Dang it, Hirgalanda, what would mommy think?

KYTX

Translator
So, here's what I have tried so far:
Ark sword with batteries - FAIL, Kalagru's shock resistance is almost 100%
Cold weapon - FAIL, he's not more vulnerable to cold than most normal creatures
Cloak of the Bear, from King of Korne - FAIL, it does give me extra 80hp, not nearly enough

Also, he does not deal ANY elemental damage, so fire resistance is of no use. His basic attack is about 120 while raged about 180 on average. The effect of +12 armor from Elixir of Galade is negligible against incoming 180 damage. I also don't think Ankh will work for me because it's just a one-off 100% healing device that will prolong the fight by only 3-4 blows.

I am yet to try running and healing (feels almost like cheating to me though) and if that doesn't work, I'll go grind some 10 levels and come back.

KYTX

Translator
Try using adamantite weapons, I'm sure he's an outsider.
Yes, that's what I've been using all along, it does perform the best against Kalagru.

Update:

Ooooof, actually killed the c**t! Ran from it in the end, using Charge to break away. Hirge woke up and died a few times and MASSIVELY helped with healing. Had to break in and out of the fight 4 or 5 times. Cheating ftw! Despite being a lazy demon, he runs as fast as anything.

Last edited:

JediNxf7

damn, I still haven't been able to beat him. gonna try coming back stocked with better stuff. weirdly I have not seen one vorator egg since the update so omelettes would have been nice...
Post automatically merged:    

For reference, the Wiki is now updated with his stats: Kalagru
the drops are intriguing. the concept of winning a black shard from this guy is just hilarious to me. after that, might as well go squish the unweakened undermother without bothering with poison for another shard. then speedrun the sunken citadel and ark so you can kill all the forsaken at once, since apparently you're the guy who could beat this demon before even collecting 12 shards.

Last edited: